To complete the application for a marriage license, a couple must:
Things to bring and know on the marriage license application…
- ID for each Applicant
- If either applicant does not speak fluent English a Court Approved Translator will be required to apply for a Marriage License.
- Certified Copies of Divorce Papers if you have been Married
- Certified Copy of Death Certificate if you are Widowed
- Parents Birth Place (City and State)
- Mother’s Maiden Name
- The Bride’s full name after Marriage
- Date and place of marriage
- Application fee is $56 without pre-marital counseling.
- Application fee is $16 with pre-marital counseling (must bring certificate of completion of course).
Be sure to contact your local McIntosh County Probate Court well in advance of the wedding to find out on what days and during what hours the Clerk will be in the office. Some locales may require an appointment.