To complete the application for a marriage license, a couple must:
Things to bring and know on the marriage license application…
- ID for each Applicant
- If either applicant does not speak fluent English a Court Approved Translator will be required to apply for a Marriage License.
- Certified Copies of Divorce Papers if you have been Married
- Certified Copy of Death Certificate if you are Widowed
- Parents Birth Place (City and State)
- Mother’s Maiden Name
- The Bride’s full name after Marriage
- Date and place of marriage
- Application fee is $56 without pre-marital counseling.
- Application fee is $16 with pre-marital counseling (must bring certificate of completion of course).
Be sure to contact your local McIntosh County Probate Court at (912) 437-6636 well in advance of the wedding to find out on what days and during what hours the Clerk will be in the office. Some locales may require an appointment.